Friday, September 25, 2009

G20? I thought this was an arts and crafts convention?

- I really can't stand Old Navy commercials.






- As much as I enjoyed the book Where the Wild Things Are as a kid, I find the movie previews to be a bit creepy. Probably because the Wild Things remind me of gremlins - I had to post a pic of Gizmo, not of a scary gremlin, I can't bring myself to do it. They still give me the heeby-geebies.







-For the past two seasons I lost touch with Grey's Anatomy. I caught an episode here and there, enough to at least know the basics of what was going on - Izzy with cancer, Torres swinging her door the other way, McSteamy and Little Grey bow-chica-wow wowww... yada yada. Anyhow I ended up watching the season finale, almost on accident.


Wow. Amazing. I cried, I am not a crier, but I cried...by myself. What a finale. We all gushed over it all summer so I won't ramble on about it too much. But, I was wondering last night while watching the season premiere, how will they top it? How will they be able to come up with a better story line than that? I hate seeing characters killed off of shows and sometimes it ends up killing the show - R.I.P Marissa and the O.C.



I thought the premiere was pretty solid. It touched on a lot of emotions which reminded me that sometimes TV shows can be therapeutic. They can be more than just a brainless stimulant to pass the time. Some people think that television is what is decaying our minds into a pile of mush where we have no opinions of our own but rather are simply repeating what we hear.



Eh. Yes, I think television amongst the other mediums carry that potential but sometimes it is in the eye of the beholder. Is it not our responsibility to feel on our own? To watch, listen, learn on our own and form our own thoughts and opinions based on what we hear and see? Is it not our own fault if we decided to remain intelectually numb and decide to take the easy route of plagarizing somebody elses thoughts and opinions rather than forming our own? Huh....



Nonetheless, during the entire 2 hour premiere, I am pretty sure that by about the fourth time it went to commercial break I was more than ready to throw my Grandpa's very new, very nice TV out his very large bay window. Could they be any more repetitive? So, is it the shows or the commercials making us so thoughtless? I cringed everytime I saw those stupid Old Navy manicans chatting by the baggage claim. To top it off, once the one found her legs, they were wearing Uggs. Ugghhhhh. Not a fan. Not a fan one bit.


- I thought the G20 was 50 cents way of proclaiming a G-unit upgrade and he was coming to Pittsburgh to tell us about it.



Go, Go, Go Pittsburgh, it's your birthday. We gonna party like it's your birthday.


Or, maybe the G20 is an arts and crafts convention? Sign painting 1-0-1.

You decide.

No comments: